It’s the end of the year, which usually means it’s time for beer bloggers to do a round-up of the best beers of the year. But I’m not doing that because I’m too old to remember all the good beers I drank in 2015 (I’d be pushing it to remember those I drank in November).
Instead, I give you Beer is Your Friend’s 10 most popular stories of 2015. Because you’re interested it this. Don’t try and tell me you’re not.
If nothing else, it serves as a reality check of what the average beer drinker is looking for on Google
- The most popular piece by a long way was this one on XXXX Gold Australian Pale Ale. Had more than double the number of hits as the post in second place.
- Want to know about a beer with the heavy-metally name of Uberbrau? Heaps of people on Google did. And by “heaps” I mean 4121.
- People liked to read about the way John Boston was being marketed and how it looked very much like James Squire. So much so that this post is one of the first Google throws back at you if you search for “John Boston beer”.
- A beer from that new company Yenda was the fourth most popular post.
- Matilda Bay released a beer called Lazy Yak. It caused a bit of controversy – and a decent amount of web hits here.
- A two-year old post about some craft-like beers at Aldi turned into the sixth most popular post here.
- So what did I think about Crown Golden Ale? Seems 1540 people wanted to know
- The brouhaha kicked up about Mountain Goat selling to Asahi prompted this post.
- I’m no fan of low carb beer but it seems people want to know about it, which must be why this post from 2013 made the top 10 two years later.
- Day six of a series of posts called “what the f..k are you waiting for?” rounds out the top 10. I assume that’s because it’s a beer from Aldi and people are Googling “Aldi beer” or something like that.
Interesting, isn’t it.
Categories: beer review